Overview Of Ulcers
- Mouth ulcers can be fairly painful and depending on their exact position in the oral cavity, it often hinders your ability to speak and eat food.
- Regularly, these ulcers make an appearance when people are suffering from extreme anxiety and the uneasiness they cause only adds to your unhappiness.
- Occasionally, such an ulcer points to the shortage of certain important nutrients and as a result, taking multivitamin enhancements can be worthwhile; though, it can take some time for the vitamins to take effect.
- In such circumstances, it is better to try some home remedies for quicker relief.
Remedies to Decrease Pain
- If the mouth ulcer is producing a lot of discomfort, lightly rub an ice cube over the region or wash your mouth with cold water.
- The ulcer won’t disappear by using ice or cold water, but it can help lessen the pain.
- Also, you could gnaw on a clove bud and direct the liquid to the region where the ulcer is positioned.
- The slight numbing effect of the clove will decrease the pain you feel.
- To stop the ulcerated region from getting infested, clean your mouth with some salt water.
- The leaves of the tulsi plant have remarkable healing properties and one of the vital actions of tulsi is that it acts as an adaptogen – an ingredient that helps the body to adjust to stress.
- Gnaw a few leaves of the tulsi plant with a bit of water about three times per day.
- The ulcers will go away quicker and also have a protective guard if the ulcers do come back.
- Honey is a pure and natural ingredient – that is, it helps to preserve moisture and avoid lack of fluids.
- It also helps decrease scarring and speeds up the development of new tissue growth. This ensures quicker healing.
- You can either take a little bit of honey and place it on the ulcer or blend in some turmeric to create a paste that can be smeared on the affected region.
- Desiccated coconut, coconut water and coconut oil are the three produces of the coconut tree that are extremely beneficial in curing mouth ulcers.
- Sipping coconut water cools the body down and has calming properties.
- Smearing a little coconut oil onto the mouth ulcer or eating some coconut helps to decrease pain and swelling and this helps the ulcers heal quicker.
Related Video On Ulcers