First Aid and CPR Re-Certifications in Saskatoon
Saskatoon First Aid is the leading St Mark James first aid and CPR renewal / re-certification provider in Saskatoon. A large number of courses and renewals are provided at different schedules throughout the week, even evenings and weekends. Participants can also register for on-line safety training such as Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Fire Safety, Food Handling and other certification programs. Rates are very affordable at Saskatoon First Aid as well. You can visit the Saskatoon First Aid website for completed details on rates, schedules, and available classes and instructors. To register for a first aid and or CPR re-certification course in Saskatoon click the link above or use the contact information provided just below.
How Do I Register for a Course?
To register for a open course, re-certification or to book a private course use the following contact information:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone Number: 1-888-870-7002 (Toll Free)
- Website Address: http://firstaidsaskatoon.ca
Registration is quick and easy!
Here’s what people are saying after taking a course with Saskatoon First Aid
I needed a re-certification fast and these guys were definitely helpful. I called late at night and still managed to register over the phone for the course the next day! I learned all the latest stuff and got my certificate at the end of the course. Thanks guys!
Here’s another review:
I was very nervous because I had never taken a first aid or CPR course before. The teacher broke it down to manageable steps and we got to practice our skills with hands on training. I was very happy with everything I learned and was delighted with the price. I strongly recommend these guys.
See what Saskatoon First Aid has to offer and register for a course today.
Topics Covered in a Standard First Aid Re-Certification Course
The following are some of the topics covered in a Saskatchewan workplace approved renewal course for standard first aid:
- ILCOR and American Heart Association standards in CPR and AED
- Circulatory emergencies such as heart attacks, angina, stroke and T.I.A’s
- Breathing emergencies such as shock, asthma, hyperventilation and anaphylaxis
- Sudden medical emergencies such as seizures and diabetic emergencies
- Environmental emergencies such as hypothermia, heat stroke, heat exhaustion and frost bite
- Skeletal injuries such as broken bones, fractures, spinals and dislocations
- Muscle and joint injuries such as sprains and strains
- Internal and external bleeding emergencies such as amputations, embedded objects and abrasions.
These topics are covered in a 8 hour re-certification course offered with Saskatoon First Aid.
Prerequisites for Re-Cert Courses
In order to be eligible for a re-certification course participants must have a current award that has been provided through a credible provider. Only a few certificates can be renewed such as standard first aid, CPR level “C” and “HCP”. For more information or to register for a re-cert course in Saskatoon use the contact information posted above.
Did You Know?
Arrhythmias are irregular heart rhythms or abnormal electrical impulses in the heart. These can cause the heart to beat erratically by pumping too fast or too slow (or both). Arrhythmias are typically caused by electrolyte imbalances and underlying heart problems. Here is a full list of possible causes for an arrhythmia:
- Heart attack
- Damaged or scarred heart tissue
- Changes in heart structure (e.g. cardiomyopathy)
- Coronary artery disease (blocked coronary arteries)
- Drinking too much caffeine
- Drug use
- Electrical shock